Effective date: September 20, 2022
- Categories of Personal Data We Collect
- Categories of Sources of Personal Data
- Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
How We Share Your Personal Data
Cookies, Tracking Tools and Opt-Out
Data Security and Retention
Personal Data of Children
Other State Law Privacy Rights
We want you to know that our primary interest for collecting and processing your Personal Data is to provide you with the best products and services we can.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect and the Sources of Personal Data Collection
Information you provide directly to us in connection with the Services
In order to provide you with the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain details or information (“Account Data”), including:
- Contact details such as your name, email address, phone number, and information about your industry, such as the name of your company and your job title. For example, we collect such information when you register for an account, provide information within your account settings, or communicate with us.
- Billing information, including your billing-related payment card, address, phone number, and email (all full billing information will be processed directly by our payment processor partner).
- Account details, including username, password, your affiliated company/institution name, and security questions.
- Product feedback when you provide when using our Services.
- Information you choose to provide when you communicate with us about yourself, for example, when sending us message or submitting information through a webform.
Information we collect from third parties in connection with the Services
When you use the Services, we may also collect information about you from third parties, including:
- Third-party applications, for example, when you choose to upload or transfer information (e.g., documents) either from a third party application into the Services, or vice versa.
- We may also collect information about you (e.g., your education, company, title, email address) from publicly available third-party sites, and contact you based on such information.
- Information we collect from and about our visitors, vendors and other business partners.
- Business Data: We may collect Personal Data such as your name, email address, and phone number and information about your industry, such as the name of your company and your job title when you when you contact us or from third parties such as business directories (e.g. LinkedIn).
Information we collect automatically.
The categories of information we may automatically collect include your:
- Log data in connection with your use of the Services
- Web browser information
- Device type, such as your phone, computer, or tablet
- IP address (and related location information)
- Unique device identifier
- Date and time stamps, such as the date and time you first accessed our websites and Services
- Operating system
- Page view statistics
- Language of device
- Other information regarding your interaction with the Services, such as when you open an email and clickstream data.
Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
Please note that we will only collect your Personal Data for certain commercial and business purposes, such as:
- Providing, Customizing and Improving the Services. We may use your Personal Data to operate and provide our Services and to tailor our Services to your needs and preferences to perform our contract with you. Where we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests in operating and improving our internal operations, systems, and Services, and to provide you with the Services you access and request.
- Corresponding with You. We may use your Personal Data to send you information related to our Services such as confirmations, invoices, expiration and renewal notices, technical notices, service updates, security alerts, and support, onboarding, and administrative messages to perform our contract with you, or if we have not contracted directly with you, in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering our Services. If you fill out a web form or request support, if you contact us by other means, including via a phone call, we use your Account Data to perform our contract with you or if we do not have a contract directly with you, in reliance on our legitimate interests in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you.
- Marketing the Services. We may use your Personal Data to market and/or sell our Services to you. This may include letting you know of new features of our Services, or providing our newsletters or other related marketing communications to you.
- Providing customer support. We may use Personal Data to troubleshoot and diagnose product problems, and provide other customer care and support services, including to help us provide, improve, and secure the quality of our Services, and to investigate security incidents in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- Improving and developing the Services: We may use your Personal Data to improve the Services in reliance on our legitimate interests in developing and improving our Services, or where required, with your consent. For example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to optimize the Services for as many users as possible.
- Securing the Services: We may process Account Data and Cookie Data by tracking use of our Services for the purposes of maintaining the safety and security of our Services, including verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, and enforcing our terms and policies, in reliance on our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of our Services, systems and applications and in protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- Complying with legal obligations: We may process any of your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws, to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights, or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Services, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, or to respond to lawful requests.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Service Providers. We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share information about you with them in order to provide the Services to you; for example, we may use cloud infrastructure providers and IT and security vendors to host and operate the Services. Unless we tell you differently, our service providers do not have the right to use the Personal Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us and in accordance with applicable law.
- Advertising Partners. We may share Personal Information with third parties in order to market our Services and provide you with other offers that might be of interest to you (e.g., ad networks, data brokers, marketing providers).
- Business Partners. We may share your Personal Data with business with parties that partner with us in offering various services. This may include businesses that you already have a relationship with or companies that we partner with to offer certain products, joint promotional offers or other opportunities.
- Your Organization. If you are part of an Organization, we may send some elements of Usage Data to the administrator of your account or to other authorized individuals at your Organization. This information allows your Organization to make decisions about things like purchasing more licenses or what additional modules or features to include in the Services based on usage patterns. Please note that we will never send your IP-address generated location data to your Organization.
- Parties You Authorize, Access or Authenticate. Certain that you choose to upload to the Services may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our Services (e.g., Limited Audience User Submissions and Public User Submissions). Please remember that Limited Audience User Submissions and Public User Submissions, along with any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view, becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone.
We may share any Personal Data that we collect with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set forth under “Complying with legal obligations” in the “Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data” section above.
All of your Personal Data that we collect may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
Cookies, Tracking Tools and Opt-Out
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our websites and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the internet or storing data is completely secure.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
Personal Data of Children
State Law Privacy Rights
California Resident Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out from the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. We do not knowingly sell your Personal Data. If you have any questions about our sharing practices, please contact email@example.com and provide us with your name and the email address associated with your account.